Monday, January 30, 2012

Party at the end of the world

1/9

Looking at the chart I see a reef titled World’s End Reef. We will be going by there to get to the Tobago Cays. After leaving Bequia, we encountered super rough seas which put Dad out of commission, and sailed for four hours to the Tobago Cays where we are anchored now. I got to listen to Jimmy underway, many of my favorite songs played while I took the helm. Zac Brown also lamented about having his toes in the water while the waves pounded over our bow. Once we anchored I snorkeled in that light blue water so adoring in post cards (haven’t found any yet for sale yet.) I saw some green back turtles and manta rays swimming around Andato. Ended the day watching the moon come up from under the shrouds by the bow with Orion and the Pleiades over head. A magical day.

No comments:

All Drake bloggers are compensated for their time. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.