Monday, January 30, 2012

Boat Drinks

1/13

Salt Whistle to Bequia. Close hauled the whole way. 5 hours of 8 foot waves. Felt like a marathon. Found some abandoned homes on the South of Admiralty. Anchored in the bay and read A Pirate looks at 50. Scott and I had been making Jimmy Buffett's Boat Drink jokes the whole day so he obliged with the song over the speaker system as the sun went down along with the drinks. On shore I had my best meal yet at the Gingerbread Restaurant. (No idea why, but that was the style of the architecture.) I had shrimp sauteed in garlic and chardonnay with a drink I asked the bartender to make in honor of our ship's name. Wine an rum cake followed. Sleeping on deck tonight.

No comments:

All Drake bloggers are compensated for their time. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.