Thursday, December 25, 2008

Time in a Bottle

In the terms of the No Woman No Cry post, I got to thinking of other rather obvious things I missed in life.  Here was probably the best one I could remember:

            In my area there is an ATM company called TYME.  I believe it stood for Take Your Money Everywhere.  (Drake has an ATM on campus and believe that is where I started telling this story to some friends) So whenever we were younger and we were heading somewhere, my father would also mentioning have to “make a stop of the TYME machine.” 

Fast forward to Jordan One.  I was walking down a street corner looking for an ATM.  TYME in my area is a lot like Kleenex, that’s what we called, it, never an ATM.  So In Broken Arabic I asked for what directions to what translated to the Time Machine.  I could not understand why they looked at me as if I was insane.  It eventually occurred to me that TYME is a play on TIME.  My Jordanian friend still gives me a fun time because I was the American idiot who asked where to find a Time machine, as if I was waiting for a DeLorean to take me back in time.

No comments:

All Drake bloggers are compensated for their time. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.