Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Comedy of A'ers

Had a pretty intense weekend.  Friday was my final class for ROTC.  I ended up receiving the Squad 2 Leader award.  I was really stoked about it.  Waking up at 530 am 3 days a week paid off.  Then I got to cram the rest of the day for Arabic.  I am done with the class and had my final on Saturday.  Dear readers, I want you to be the first to know: I received an A on my final, which would be the first A of my college finals.  This will result in some major celebrating at Drake Diner with the worlds best milkshakes.  Last night I attended one of the Greek Formals.  Think of something like prom or homecoming but for college.  Drake has about 1/4th Greek enrollment.  I am not in a fraternity, nor will I be.  However this goes to show that one does not need to be in a house in order to participate.  (I would also look to say that I looked damn good in a suit.)  The night before, after all the Arabic cramming, we went and saw a comedian form Last Comic Standing.  This was free because Student Activities Board brings comedians to campus every month.  I think I have permanent six pack abs form laughing so much.  The guy was hilarious.  After that Tyler, Alex and I went to Drake West Village, which are suite style apartments, brand new, next to campus.  All in all a great weekend.

No comments:

All Drake bloggers are compensated for their time. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.