Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Almost home

The tension is building a little bit.  Folks are very excited to get through this week and head home.  For many of us, it will be the first time back.  Drake has a fall break which was about a month ago.  I took the time to head up to Minnesota to see some friends.  After 2 and a half months I will be heading home in a week.  However some big things are going to happen before.

Friday night looks to be fairly entertaining.  The alternative to drinking group on campus puts on movies every couple of weeks, so we get to watch Tropic Thunder in the theatre for free.  This will be directly followed by Club Crawford.  The Crawford Hall Executive Council hires a DJ every year, then turns their entire dorm into one big rave.  Should be an excellent way to finish out the week.  Sunday is the basketball game and a choir concert.

The big part of my week will involve me giving a lecture on Italy, specifically the first republic.

I am sort of nervous to go back.  I have had the feeling of going home after being away for a long time before, but the culture shock was much different.  Also Drake is my home as well, so it is more so as if I am visiting, rather than going home.  I haven’t seen many folks since then, and I was home for such a short time right before college (8 days) that it will be kind of weird.  I am however looking forward to food, my bed, and not having to wear shower shoes.  

No comments:

All Drake bloggers are compensated for their time. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.