Thursday, April 30, 2009

Saturday in the park

So the weather has been very nice recently. This has led to me completely and totally neglecting my studies as well as skipping class to play the ukulele under the tree on campus. Just kidding. It has meant that we spend a lot more time outside. My tan lines have become very awkward because of this. My favorite new spot is Gray’s Lake. This is in Des Moines, right next to the river. It is just south of Downtown. If Drake and the Downtown area were to form a triangle this would be the point. It is a fairly close walk, I would say 2 miles or so. We have only driven, because once we get there we walk. Free to walk and talk as long as you want until midnight. Once the sun goes down, there is a very long bridge that gets lit up by funky lights. It sort of reminds me of a disco club. There is a nice park and a few grilles so hopefully this weekend we can make use of that.
Check out the site
http://www.ci.des-moines.ia.us/departments/pr/grayslake.htm

No comments:

All Drake bloggers are compensated for their time. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.