Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hail Hail

The Midwest is probably the only place on earth where one can be frostbit and sunburned in the same week. Yesterday was 55 degrees out. Half the school was in shorts and our civilians had their PT test outside on the track. Today its 33 with massive sleet and hail. Tonight it will snow.
I am enjoying the weather though because it is always different. Negative 20 makes up for all the 110 degrees I got to experience this summer. One of my friends goes to school in Miami and touts the fact “we study where you spring break.” That may be nice, but it is definitely part of the nice weather that raises the question “Is this heaven? It’s Iowa!”
For the current hailstorm, which when I started writing this was still in full swing, we now have shining sun. I attempted to get pictures of the storm, which came out to no avail due to my lack of artistic camera equipment. I am going to be trying to set up a sunsets over Drake montage so hopefully one of these posts will have some artistic marketing for my fine university.

No comments:

All Drake bloggers are compensated for their time. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.