Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mirror

For the last 8 months I have had a Drake sticker on the rear window of my van.  For those months every time I look in my rear view mirror, Drake has looked back at me.  Tonight is different.  I no longer have my car.  Waunakee is in my rearview and Drake is ahead.  

I have settled into my dorm for the most part.  The people are really cool.  We have a very laid back dorm.  We are in an upper class dorm, yet none of them are here yet.  It is all first year students.  My room mate and I found our way to the newer freshmen dorms.  They are very nice but lack the character of ours.  Supposedly ours is haunted, due to a hanging suicide.  I will let you know if I hear anything tonight.  

If you are thinking of coming to Drake, the first person you will meet is the admissions person.  Mine is named Ryan and has been absolutely wonderful.  Today as I was unpacking and settling in he stopped by to say hello.  This is one caveat of the excellence Drake provides.  I am really starting to feel home.  

No comments:

All Drake bloggers are compensated for their time. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.